Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No Mommy Touch My Face!


Ok, so we were the typical young couple, before we had children, who said..."My children will NEVER sleep with me." Well, let me just say...Never say never!! 1o years and 4 boys later we only have 1 little Jacob (2 1/2) remaining in our room. Now I must tell you that our house is small. Matthew sleeps in the single bed in his room and Joshua and Caleb sleep in a double bed in their room, so honestly there is not much room left for poor little Jacob. He sleeps in a toddler bed at the foot of our bed. About 4:00 every morning he crawls into bed with us. Yesterday around 6:00 I felt a little face against my face. I rolled over awaiting the dreaded alarm that would sound 30 minutes later and I felt a little hand pull my face back. And I heard a little sleepy voice say..."No mommy touch my face." I rolled back over treasuring the moment and snuggled up and we enjoyed our slumber.

In that little voice, I could hear the Father saying to me and to you..."Touch my face, come closer, stay a little longer, dwell in my presence." Oh to be so close to our Heavenly Father that we can feel Him touching our face. The comfort and the rest that snuggling close to our Father provides can never be equalled by worldly comfort. I long to remain in His presence and to hear my Father say..."No(not this world), touch my face!"
Psalm 139:7-10 "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens you are there, if I make my bed in the depths you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the seas, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

1 comment: