Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Hope Jesus Does Not Fall Out!!


My mother-in-law is a wonderful, strong, positive encourager. She recently found out that she had a hole in her heart. Apparently we are all born with a hole in our heart and sometimes they just never close up. Last Friday she had to go in for surgery to have that hole repaired. The night before the surgery my precious boys were getting a little bit anxious about Grandma having surgery. We were talking about it and Matthew asks "What happens if Grandma doesn't get the hole in her heart repaired?" Now I feel the need to explain before I go any further that Matt and I joke around with our children a lot and they have great sense of humors. So I replied..."I don't know, Jesus might fall out." Well, my boys all laughed hysterically! They have the assurance that this could never happen. They know that their salvation is based on a relationship, not a conditional love that might cause Jesus to remove himself from your heart and life. They know that once you have accepted Christ that it is impossible for Him to "fall out of your heart." I love to joke around with my children, but I love even more that they have an assurance of their salvation and they do not have to live "hoping that Jesus does not fall out!"

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved through faith and this not of yourselves, it is a gift from God so that no one can boast."

1 comment:

  1. Monica, this is Katie - Melissa's friend from Auburn! I found your blog and let me just say I already love reading it! haha :) Your boys have grown up sooo much! Hope ya'll are doing well and keep posting funny blogs!

    ReplyDelete