Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Content to sip, but asked to gulp!!


We continue to sip from our saucer as we enjoy our vacation, but today we were forced to gulp as the cup was overflowing quickly. In “our” original plan we were going to head to Hershey Park on Tuesday. We had heard that it is not as crowded and was a good day to visit and enjoy all the rides. When we arrived in PA we found out that Matt’s family had planned on us visiting the park on Monday. (God continues to provide opportunities for me to learn that I do not have to be in control and also ways to learn how not to allow my feathers to be ruffled when things don’t go as planned. He reminds me that He is in control.) So we spent Monday in Hershey park and had a wonderful time. Roller coaster after roller coaster, water slide after water slide. We had fun from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. and we never stopped. I loved hearing my children scream at the top of their lungs and hold their hands in the air as I clinched the bar watching my knuckles turn white. I loved hearing them say...”Let’s do that again.” Needless to say that we were sipping loudly from the saucer all day long. I even conquered one of my greatest strongholds and allowed everyone to go to bed with Hershey Park all over them. NO BATHS!! Can you believe it? I’m not sure if that was a sip or just a spill over from the tiredness of the day, but nevertheless we all fell into our beds happy but dirty.


Our gulp came this afternoon as we learned that today (Tuesday - the day we originally planned to be at Hershey Park) there was a tornado in Hershey Park. I shared this news with the boys and Joshua said, “I love God so much for changing the day we went to the park. He is so awesome.” And I totally agree with Joshua. God is all-knowing and His wisdom is infinite. He works in such intentional, specific ways that sometimes we can’t see and we allow our feathers to ruffle all the while HE knows what is best. As Jacob has been singing all day today...”God’s way is the best way, now that I know He loves me so. His way is the best way and that’s the way for ME.” Not only did God protect us from the storms and tornados that were coming on Tuesday, but He gave us a beautiful day, no waiting in line and overcast skies to enjoy on Monday. When we received the news of the tornado today I think we all GULPED in the blessings. I gulped, but I also stood humbled before my Holy God as I remembered how I struggled to go with the flow and not allow my feather ruffling to show, but He knows and yet He is patient with me. I am so thankful for such a patient, loving, caring Father who intentionally works out all of the “coincidences” in my life for my good and for His glory. To His name be all honor and glory forever. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like ya'll are having a great trip Comma! :) i looked at your pics on facebook the other day...it looks so fun! i just think your boys are the CUTEST!!! but how could they not be...you and matt together. i mean come on! :) love you

    ReplyDelete